Popular Balogun Market In Lagos Gutted By Fire Posted by: Oladosu Olaleye Posted date: 8:37 PM / comment : 0 A section of the Lagos Balogun Market reportedly went up in flames today. The market caught fire early Wednesday morning just as traders resumed for the early morning sales. Firefighters got to the scene and were able to put out the fire. Meanwhile, the real cause of the fire is still not very clear but an eye-witness account has it that a generator exploded, which probably led to the inferno. Share !